With increasing health issues, alternative options for medical treatment are absolutely essential. People are leaning more towards traditional therapies, including wet cupping therapy. It has a strong scientific and medical basis.
As per research, wet cupping therapy is a very effective therapy to reduce chronic pains and is also helpful in many diseases. To know more about wet cupping therapy, how it works, types, and benefits of this technique, stay connected.
What is Wet Cupping Therapy?
Wet cupping Therapy (Hijama) is a traditional cupping technique as an alternative medicine for chronic pain. It is the most commonly used therapy in the Arabic & Islamic world, China and many parts of the world. The wet cupping therapy used suction cups to simulate the skin and muscles.
It is done on the patient’s face or body. The created suction increases blood circulation which helps in cell repair, muscle tension relief, and more such benefits. Wet cupping therapy has got popularity in the western world as it is also helpful in many issues such as diabetes, migraine, heart diseases, etc.
How Wet Cupping Therapy is performed?
The therapist sterilises the skin area and performs punctures the skin with the use of dry needles. The skin is punctured at the depth of 2 mm for a short time. Then the cups are placed on a specific area of your body. The suction pulls out the blood into the area of the skin underneath the cup.
This effect saturates the surrounding tissue with fresh blood, promoting new blood vessel creation. It separates the different layers of tissues, triggers inflammatory responses, and floods the area with white blood cells, platelets, and other healing elements.
Types of Wet Cupping Therapy
There are mainly two types of hijama wet cupping therapy: double cupping and single cupping. The double cupping technique is the traditional method whereas the single cupping technique is the Asian method. The details regarding both methods are here-
Double cupping or the CPC method is a prophetic method of wet cupping therapy. It consists of 3 steps: Cupping, Puncturing, and Cupping. In this method, the cups are placed twice on your body to create a vacuum.
- Step 1: Dry cups are placed on the body to collect and trap fluid containing fragmented blood cells and causative pathological substances on the skin surface.
- Step 2: Puncturing is done on the skin to start the releasing of trapped fluids mixed with blood in the punctured area.
- Step 3: Place the cups again to create pressure suctioning to release all the collected fluids and blood through traumatic punctures.
A single cupping or PC method is Chinese wet cupping therapy. It is used mainly in China and in other parts of the world. The single cupping technique consists of two steps: puncturing and cupping.
● Step 1: The specific area on the body is punctured by the use of needles. Due to puncture
trauma, fresh blood escaped with little tissue floods.
● Step 2: The cups are placed on the body to let the blood release process continue. Some tissue
floods and blood content are collected in the area underneath cups.
Benefits of Wet Cupping Therapy
According to various studies and research, wet cupping therapy is beneficial in many ways. Some of the major benefits of this technique are as follows:
● It helps in reducing chronic back pain, cervical pain, sciatica, knee osteoarthritis, ankle sprain, etc.
● Wet cupping therapy for headaches is used to reduce the intensity of headaches and migraine.
● It helps to boost immunity and improves digestion.
● Wet cupping therapy also has psychiatric benefits. It helps the body to get relax and feel
light, anxiety relief, depressive thoughts, improves sleeping, etc.
● Wet cupping for face promotes the healthy skin and improves skin condition. It increases
oxygen-rich blood circulation, strengthens skin, stimulates cells and relaxes muscle tension.
● It helps in respiratory issues and lowers blood sugar, cholesterol, uric acid, and many more
As mentioned above, wet cupping therapy (Hijama) is a very effective technique to reduce chronic pains, headaches, and skin issues, control blood sugar, and other health benefits. To get the best results, the therapy should be performed by experts.
If you are looking for the best wet cupping therapy in Gurgaon, Bone strong physiotherapy is the best option to end your search. We provide the best services at a reasonable price.
Get in touch with us for more inquiries and book your session with the best physiotherapist in Gurgaon.